What our trainees say
During the induction process I found it really beneficial in understanding the methods used for teaching for instance, TLAC and the Metacognitive Behaviour process. It was also a great chance to meet others on the course.
The induction was great it gave me a chance to meet the team I would be going through this process with and it was nice to see a different mix of subjects.
Ivybridge Community College was a fantastic Hub School very supportive somewhere where you know people and can ask their advice.
During the induction at Ivybridge Community College it gave me the chance to build up my knowledge on policies in school and safeguarding. It also gave me the opportunity to gain a greater understanding into my first placement. It definitely made me feel prepared and calm for my first day.
Teach South West trainees can drop into their home school at any point in term one to observe teaching and gain valuable experience. My classroom teachers couldn't have been any more welcoming or supportive during this early stage. Extra time in school complemented the Exeter-led part of the course and meant I went into my placements better prepared to plan and teach. I really recommenced making the most of your home school
- The Induction meant that I was aware of the support network at all times if it was needed.
- My Lead Mentor has been brilliant throughout this placement, their feedback is always useful and constructively delivered, this really helped me to progress massively since I arrived.
- I feel like the department have made a real effort to welcome me as a trainee and I've loved working with them.
- My Lead Mentor was extremely supportive.
- My Lead Mentor was more than happy to find time in their busy schedule to introduce the different features of the school to me.
- They have consistently made time to ensure I am able to complete my weekly Exeter Model Tasks (observations, demonstrations, agendas etc) and have been proactive in uploading these to my IDP. When providing feedback they have been thorough in collaboratively creating clear and actionable development targets that have enabled me to improve and gain confidence in multiple aspects of teaching.
- I have been made to feel welcome in every classroom.
- I felt supported, I think this was especially useful during the first half of the year. I feel the support from Teach South West has made me more confident during my first placement, almost feeling a step ahead.
- I always felt like I could get in touch with Teach South West leaders if I had queries I know that I would receive a response quickly. Thanks so much.
- The entire programme here has been well-structured and organised and all members of staff at college have been very helpful and friendly.