Top tips from current trainees
Rebekah is an English trainee and recent graduate (2020-2021)
- Try and get some work experience in a school if you haven't been in a school before the course starts to give yourself some confidence and reinforce your passion.
- Speak to teachers to get an idea of what the job involves
- Reading! Reading! Reading! Anything that is currently on the curriculum
- Read articles around current topics in education
Alex is a History trainee and a recent graduate (2020-2021)
- Definitely make contact with Ivybridge Community College before applying, they were so helpful and really clarified the application process
- When preparing for the interview practice read your lesson plan aloud to family or friends so your confident in it and know you can deliver it well
Sarah is a History trainee and a recent graduate (2020-2021)
- Try and get some school experience before applying to understand the type of environment you would be working in. It is really beneficial to get an idea of what being in a school is like from an employees point of view
Alice is an ECT at Ivybridge Community College
- My top tips are to write lists, keep organised and work through your lists. Use a highlighter to prioritise tasks to keep you on track.
- Make time to relax and schedule me time it will make your experience more positive and enjoyable.
Katie is an ECT at Ivybridge Community College
- Stay organised, invest in a folder and keep your online folder up to date.
- Invest in time for yourself.