Clerk to the Local Governing Board
3 posts available or 1 post to cover all locations will be considered
Salary: NJC Grade D (SCP 18 – 22) £9.78 per hour (Actual Salary: £1110 per annum)
Hours: 100 hours pa
Location (place of work): The Learning Institute (Sherford Vale)
Westcountry Schools Trust is seeking to recruit a Clerk to the Governing Board. The Trust is ideally looking for an individual with previous clerking or relevant experience. Please note, The Learning Institute meetings will be held at Sherford Vale School.
The Clerk to the Governing board will be expected to:
Provide advice to the governing board on governance, constitutional and procedural matters. The new regulations require governing boards to have regard to advice from the clerk in regards to exercising the governing board functions:
- Provide effective administrative support to the governing board and its committees
- Ensure the governing board is properly constituted in line with Trust requirements
- Manage information effectively in accordance with legal requirements
- Undertake appropriate and regular training and development to maintain his/her knowledge and improve practice
- Keep up-to-date with current educational developments and legislation affecting school governance
As employers we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of our recruitment process successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and interviews will include questions about safeguarding children.
Hours are annualised, some hours may be suitable for home working. The clerk needs to be able to work at times convenient to the GB, often in the evening, be able to travel to meetings and be available to be contacted at mutually agreed times.
Closing date: 25 January at noon.
Interviews will be held w/c 4 February 2019