Deputy Headteacher - Glen Park Primary School
An exciting leadership position has arisen within Glen Park Primary School!
Glen Park Primary is a very welcoming, vibrant and highly successful school in Plympton and part of the Westcountry School Trust. Due to the promotion of our previous Deputy to Headship, we are ready to appoint a highly motivated and creative leader. If you are ready for that next step in your career and wish to join our strong and dedicated team as Deputy Headteacher from January 2021 then please see further details below.
The role is to work in close partnership with the Head to drive the strategic vision of the school, inspire children, parents, staff and the wider community and become a pivotal part of our strong team, contributing to the next exciting stage of Glen Park’s journey towards being the best we can be.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
- Is a hardworking and dedicated leader that has high expectations and a desire to drive forward improvements at all levels
- Has experience in leading a subject or phase group in the school with proven impact on the quality of education and outcomes
- Demonstrates excellent classroom practice and the ability to inspire others to be the best that they can be
- Can lead the development of teaching and learning and best practice, and who will play an active role in successful curriculum development
- Has respect for the views of parents and a commitment to the importance of the involvement of parents and the community in the learning process
- Is a true team player, with excellent interpersonal skills, who brings fresh, creative ideas and is keen to develop professional relationships with the whole team
- Is full of enthusiasm, energy and humour!
We can offer you the chance to join as school that is:
- A forward thinking, well-resourced school within extensive grounds
- Opportunities to work with a broad range of professionals within the school and across the Trust
- An amazing school community, with engaged, creative, eager learners who rise to challenges and are determined to do their best
- A collective determination to ensure that the school continues the journey of building on the very positive last Ofsted inspection to offer the best for every child
- Innovative teaching staff that put impactful learning and the quality of children’s experiences, at the heart of the curriculum
- a full commitment to building leaders of the future, including supporting leadership training aspirations such as NPQH
If having read the job description and person specification, you believe you have the skills and attributes to take on this exciting role and make a real difference to the outcomes for our children then we warmly welcome your application.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged, please contact the Headteacher to arrange a socially distanced tour by emailing: email@example.com or via phone on 01752 339073.
The closing date for applications is Friday 25th September 2020 at 12 noon. Interviews will take place during the week commencing 12th October 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBD disclosure is required for this post.