Entry to the PGCE programme is conditional on:
- Graduate or equivalent status
- The relevance of an Honours degree content to the chosen specialist subject(s)
(current University of Exeter students are allowed to take up to 30 credits outside of their degree programme, some of which may strengthen an application for a PGCE)
- For those applying to Secondary: passes at GCSE in English and Mathematics at grade C or above or equivalent (or for GCSEs taken from Summer 2017 onwards, grade 4 or above).
- For those applying to Primary: passes at GCSE in English, Mathematics and Science at grade C or above or equivalent (or for GCSEs taken from Summer 2017 onwards, grade 4 or above) if you are applying for Primary. Please note: although the DfE minimum requirement is a grade C/grade 4 at GCSE, we will generally only consider applicants with a grade B/grade 5 or above for Mathematics and English and a grade C/grade 4 or above for Science for the Primary programme.
- If you do not have the required pass at grade C/grade 4 in either GCSE English, Mathematics or Science, and are not able to gain this qualification before the start of the course, we will accept a Grade 4 pass in the English, Mathematics and Science equivalency tests offered by www.equivalencytesting.com (please do contact the PGCE Admissions team for further guidance before signing up for an equivalency test)
- Selection based on the information provided on the UCAS Teacher Training application
- Selection based on a successful interview
- A medical report which is deemed satisfactory
- A completed Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) enhanced check which is deemed satisfactory by the University http://www.exeter.ac.uk/dbs/
Please note the above criteria are the national minimum entry requirements to be considered for a PGCE course - please see individual subject pages for further information on additional subject-specific criteria for University of Exeter PGCE Primary and Secondary courses.