Clerk to the Local Governing Board
Westcountry Schools Trust is seeking to recruit a Clerk to the Governing Board. The Trust is ideally looking for an individual with previous clerking or relevant experience. Please note, The Learning Institute meetings will be held at Sherford Vale School.
- Salary: NJC Grade D (SCP 7 – 12) Actual Salary £1,187 – £1,310 per annum (pro rata of £20,092 - £22,183 per annum).
- Hours: 100 hours per annum
- Location (place of work): The Learning Institute (Sherford Vale, Plymstock)
The Clerk to the Governing board will be expected to:
Provide advice to the governing board on governance, constitutional and procedural matters. The new regulations require governing boards to have regard to advice from the clerk in regards to exercising the governing board functions:
- Provide effective administrative support to the governing board and its committees
- Ensure the governing board is properly constituted in line with Trust requirements
- Manage information effectively in accordance with legal requirements
- Undertake appropriate and regular training and development to maintain his/her knowledge and improve practice
- Keep up-to-date with current educational developments and legislation affecting school governance
As employers we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As part of our recruitment process successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and interviews will include questions about safeguarding children.
Hours are annualised, some hours may be suitable for home working. The clerk needs to be able to work at times convenient to the Governing Board, often in the evening, be able to travel to meetings and be available to be contacted at mutually agreed times.
Please find attached a job description for further details and an application form for you to apply. Please send completed application forms to Recruitment@westst.org.uk .
Closing date: 24th January 2021 at midnight. Interviews will be held in mid-February 2021.